Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Most Amazing Person in My World

You always hear parents say children are a blessing, and it's such a cliche, I mean, what do you expect them to say?  I've finally realised what they mean, the arrival of my daughter has totally changed who I am, a phenomenon I did not foresee one bit.  She has changed it for the better in more ways than words can express.

Let me give you an example of why I think she is just amazing.  On a typical day, her mother would wake her up in the morning to get ready for daycare, at this point I'm usually just out of the shower.  First thing she would say majority of the time is..."Baba" (Swahili for Dad) and she will continue to say that until her mom would bring her to me and commence with a hug-fest filled with kisses.  This would continue at the breakfast table where she would insist on feeding me whatever she is having on the day.  When I drop her and her mom at daycare, she would be calling me form the pavement, blowing me kisses and saying byeeeeeeee (at this point I'm usually by the traffic lights waving frantically , everyone who notices this always beams up with a huge smile (Cue the smile on daddy that says...yup, that's my daughter alright).

To cut a long story short, its more or less the same when I get home from work, I'm always greeted with a smile, loving hug and it just melts my heart, she would even make sure she removes my socks after I've removed my shoes!  I thank my lovely wife for such a blessing, she is my everything.  I'm an emotional wreck now, I mean I can hardly ever say no to her, I can't watch any bad news on the telly that involves kids without almost tearing up or tuning to another channel immediately.  She's made me realise what i put my parents through as a baby and I love them to bits for that, to say it's a challenge is an understatement.

I love you Inaya and thank you to my dear wife for bearing me such a bundle of joy.  You carried her for nine months and for that there is no way i can ever repay you.  Inaya may you grow to be successful both here and the hereafter.  God knows I will do my best as your father to provide for you and protect you and guide you through this journey called life.  May Allah keep you till your old and gray and increase the compassion that you have as personified by your name.

4 comments:

sam said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaw!!! Got me tearing up.

Anonymous said...

awww that was very well written, bought a tear to my eye and made me smile- you are very lucky :-D Blessing from God which we often take for granted....keep it up!

Rama said...

Thanks Sam.

Rama said...

Glad you enjoyed it luv.