Tuesday 15 May 2007

Niagara Falls

You know those feelings that you have sometimes that go kinda like...."it can't be all that". Thats what i was thinking when we were making our way to the Niagara falls . Being the type of person i am, i was gonna make the most of it anyways, boy was i wrong. Words can't explain the feeling you have when your under the Canadian Horse shoe falls.

Feelings of vulnerability, wonder, amazement, awe..mixed with a distinct realisation of my worthlessness as an individual in the greater picture, that is creation, left me dumbfounded. The sheer volume of the water falling and the power you feel eminating from the falls made me wonder for a split second how if Allah wanted he could take your life just like that.

Well then the split second came and went and i was back gasping with amazement, frantically snapping away at this wonder that seemed to have no ending, i mean where do you look? Will my pictures come out ok? Maybe i should just concentrate on committing all this to my memory which aint all that good...you know what...breath, take it in.. slowly....there is plenty of time dude....my inner voice helped calm me down.

The pictures i've taken do not do this experience any justice at all, nevertheless, they do say pictures speak louder than words. Enjoy.

It was a beautiful day in spring


The Niagara parks Clock, each year they change the floral design


Me and my waifu wangu...


I Look like a proper tourist innit....


The American Falls


The Maid of The Mist boat near the Canadian Hoseshoe Falls


On the boat


That's how close we were to the falls...wicked!!


The American Falls Behind Me


The American City of Buffalo, it was so close i could almost touch it...kidogo nizamie...hehehe... mawe!


Love this picture of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls...and yes I took it...hehehe


Sideview of the Canadian Falls


Catching my breath in the Hidden Gardens

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rama,
Did you drown at Niagara Falls?What where are you?

Rama said...

Hi Jeff,

I'm still drowning in my sorrows after we (Liverpool) lost to AC Millan in the champions League final. But you should see something new in the next 2 days, I promise. saty tuned!!