Friday 14 September 2007

Ottawa & My Birthday

First of all,i'd like to wish all those who will be fasting during this holly month of Ramadan...Ramadan Kareem.

So alot of things have happened since my last article, I spent a couple of days in Ottawa, fortunately I didn't have to stay there long. The city itself is nice, but I expected more, with it being the capital city of Canada and all that. For me the most dissapointing aspect of it was the food. My wife and I struggled to find decent food, don't get me wrong, there's loads of nice restaurants, but the food is very dissapointing and slightly more expensive than the equivalent in Toronto.

My birthday came and went, had a few prezies..thanks to my wife....my dad was the first to call me from Tanzania, at the stroke of midnight, bless him, i could sense how sleepy he was from the tone of his voice..my mom sent a text message....to the home phone so i obviously didn't get it...bless her soul (Note to siblings....a birthday call does'nt count as a gift..it only counts if ur my dad or mom....and u live in Tanzania.)

As am writing this, it's the second day of Ramadan, fasting seems harder today than it was yesterday, nevertherless, i'm coping without struggling much. Long gone are the days of breaking my fast with the £2.99 No.6 from Ali Baba's takeaway across the street....Alhamdullilah.

On arrival at Ottawa Airport


Canadian House of Parliament....Parliament Hill.


Rideau Canal Locks


My wife on the doors of Parliament Hill.....Mashallah


Me on the footsteps of Parliament Hill.


Canadian Museum of Civilisation


Parliament Hill in the background


A closer look at the Canadian Museum of Civilisation


Canadian Museum of Civilisation, a view from between the trees...love this photo.


Pont Alexandra Bridge...cross this bridge and your literally in Quebec


Inside the Canadian Museum of Civilisation


Happy birthday to me, happy birthday......I've just hit the big 3-0...don't know if i should laugh or cry.


Birthday boy had just woken up..


Waiting to be seated for dinner


Having dinner on my birthday, the food was excellent...if only the portions were bigger...hehehe

No comments: