Monday 21 July 2008

I'm Back!

Hi Guys,

First of all, the good news, I'm back. While i've been away a multitude of things have changed, gosh where do i even start? Well atleast for the next couple of days i won't be short on posts, you can count on that.

Thanks to all those who have been posting messages of support, wondering where i was, i must admit, i did feel love (even though a part of me is almost certain it's a family member, which makes it even better of course...hehe).

You know the whole purpose of starting this blog was to try and establish some sort of link, or dare i say, a common place where we Tanzanians living in this foreign land can share something, anything. well...that goal hasn't been achieved as of yet, in-fact, apart from the couple who have blogs like myself, i haven't come across any Tanzanian whatsoever.

So if your out there...Tanzanians, or any East African and you happen to come across this blog, show yourself, drop a line and say hi or something, don't worry i'm not trying to sell anything, i do have a place to live so i won't be suddenly dropping by your town and asking for refuge, i do work so i won't ask for a loan....hehehe....reveal yourselves.

Back to the matter at hand, to start off. I came across this great video about a girl, living in Hyena Square (Uwanja wa fisi), in Dar. She is infected by the Aids virus and talks about her predicament. A very touching story and at the same time very inspiring. As soon as i started watching the clip i got hooked. check it out for yourself.

I couldn't embed the video as this has been disabled, so you will be redirected to youtube once you click on the link below:

Hyena Square

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feelin the vibe, this is to let you know we are watching you 'BIG BROTHA'. Jus jocking dude, i have been reading your articles, good stuff. So you better continue writing, we dont want another dead blog. Check out www.swahiliremix.com

Rama said...

Thanks dude, I will do my best to keep the blog alive and frequently updated. Your comments keep me going, sometimes i wonder if anyone is aware such a blog exists..lol. Swahililiremix.com good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Seriously where are all the Tanzanians? Any organized community around GTA?
Let me be the first to reveal myself. I guess!
Looking forward to the rest!
Job:jobdigital@yahoo.com
Mbongo ndani ya Toronto.

Rama said...

Congrats Job on being the first, you never know maybe now the floodgates are gonna open and we'll see an influx of ppl leaving their details on here. (Well I can but dream can't I...lol)

Now the rest of you yall..I'm still optimistic something will be achieved.