Monday 22 November 2010

MLS CUP - Colorado Rapids vs FC Dallas

Picture this, Sunday evening and I'm relaxing at home with the family as usual, mentally preparing myself for the work week to begin the following day when upon browsing through my facebook account, I see one of my friends offering his MLS Cup Final tickets for free! It wasn't even like one or two tickets, four...yeah four tickets to the final.  So I'm like hold on, let me call him and see if he still got the tickets, what's there to loose right! So I call him, I get his voicemail and leave him a short message, less than two minutes later he calls me back..hey you want the tickets?  I'm like yeah for sure, I mean why not.



To make a long story short, he links me with the guy who had the tickets, the game was gonna start in like half an hour, so I quickly get dressed, jump in the car and go pick up the tickets, on the way my friend calls me to tell me he has two other people who want to go watch the game, so I'm like yeah the more the merrier.  So on a wintry dark and really really cold Sunday evening, when one minute all I was thinking about was having to wake up early the following morning I find myself in the car heading downtown to get the tickets and head over to watch a cup final in the company of two strangers, how random is that!

As it turns out the "strangers" were totally awesome guys, Muslim brothers and we clicked straight away, one of them was actually from Bromley in East London.  Cue Rama trying to lay it thick with his long lost "British accent" - like I had one in the first place!!  Anyways we had a laugh, the game was boring to tell you the truth, I mean it only got lively in the second half of added time, after being tied 1-1 during the ninety minutes.  Colorado won the game after extra time with the winning goal coming of a defenders shin! before hitting the back of the net, that's how bad it was.  It was more like watching Wimbledon vs Birmingham back in the day..if you're a football fan you'd know what I'm talking about. check out the pics below.






No comments: