Sunday 14 November 2010

My First Time Roller Skating/Blading

I met with with couple of my mates last Friday and we decided to go Roller skating.  Now I have never ever ever pulled on some roller blades, so I was as excited as ever to give it a go.  Of course I was aware that I might end up spending the entire evening with my behind on the floor but I still wanted to give it a go.  I'm really glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, OK so I did fall down, twice....OK so it was more like five times but I really really had fun.  My plan from the start was to hold on to the wall so as to prevent myself from falling right, wrong as soon as I got onto the skating rink the attendant comes up to me and tells me..."learners and slower moving people need to be in the middle, the edges are for the faster moving people".  I was like "are you crazy, I've never skated a day in my life and you want me to be in the middle, with nothing to hold on to, are you mad, I mean how do I even get to the middle?"
It took some persuasion before I let go of that wall I can tell you, but eventually I'm glad I did.  Started of slowly and then m confidence grew slightly and that's when the falling started, just when I was thinking...hey I can do this...bang I was saying hello to the floor.  Well worth it though, I would definitely go again.  Don't be afraid to try new things folks.  Check out the pics below.


No comments: